Wednesday, June 18, 2014

TRUE DETECTIVES

L: The Big Questions. R: A student details found evidence.
One of our Spring 2014 Art Brains projects involved playing detective and building "case files" for imagined mysteries. Before my first class worked on this project, I was a little nervous that some kids would be confused about how to formulate their own mystery from scratch, or that I would have to continuously discourage violent themes in their work inspired by TV and movies. I could not have been more wrong. The kids picked this up right away and ran with it (mini magnifying glasses and evidence baggies in hand)! It was so fun to watch them hatch new ideas about clues and suspects, all for totally PG mysteries of their own invention. Here are some snaps of some of the reports, photos, and other evidence gathered in the files. Elementary (school), my dear Watson.

Okay, "Ded pepl" might not be totally PG. That one slipped by me!





















































A red ghost left behind sooo many red fingerprints. And ghost bread, a big break in this case.






















































This is cupcake frosting, not blood! It's a cupcake caper.