VOLCANO ISLAND AT BRADLEY HILLS

Hooooly moly, I love this project from last Friday at Bradley Hills, and I love the pictures from it, too! We made a good, old fashioned volcano island from homemade playdough and sticks/leaves/flowers/etc. found outside, and then created multiple eruptions of various colors (using baking soda and vinegar). The kids got a huge kick out of experimenting with different mixtures, adding glitter and other objects to the "lava" and also telling stories about each of the new lava overflows (e.g. "A rainbow fell into the volcano, and that's what made the lava these colors"). I get to do this project two more times with other classes before the end of the Spring session, and I can't wait. On that note, Friday was our last Spring class at Bradley Hills, and I'm getting a little sad about Art Brains classes ending for the year. It's such a sweet deal to get to hang out with these cool (re: talented, creative, hilarious, smart, and sweet) kids every week, and I'm genuinely going to miss them over the summer!
In the meantime, feast your eyes on this gorgeous mess we made:
 |
| ~ Fin ~ |