Totally in love with these coffee filter/marker/water-made prints by the kids at Bradley Hills. They're meant to call to mind the ringed cross-section of a tree, which the kids then labeled with imaginary, historical timelines after a brief discussion about Dendrochronology. A few prints turned out more like gorgeous, melty color orbs than tree trunks, and were so pretty I even borrowed a detail of one for the new Make/Believe blog header. I'm digging the combo of painterly color bleeds and kid handwriting, and am looking forward to doing this project with more classes this season.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
TREE TRUNK HISTORIES AT BRADLEY HILLS
Totally in love with these coffee filter/marker/water-made prints by the kids at Bradley Hills. They're meant to call to mind the ringed cross-section of a tree, which the kids then labeled with imaginary, historical timelines after a brief discussion about Dendrochronology. A few prints turned out more like gorgeous, melty color orbs than tree trunks, and were so pretty I even borrowed a detail of one for the new Make/Believe blog header. I'm digging the combo of painterly color bleeds and kid handwriting, and am looking forward to doing this project with more classes this season.





